Wednesday 28 March 2012

Caricature Sessions

caricature is an art form to emphasis on certain unique characters of an individual to make him / her look "jovial" / "funny"... its indeed a tough work to make a normal human being as unique!



the normal face has to be converted into "funny face"... its tough!


the face is in focus when the caricature is made. the emphasis and evolution of the parts (of the face) into abnormal proportion is what caricaturing is all about. (by-kaustav)


and this is the end result!



method/ process

From here we then see where the weight lies on the face, does the person have a big forehead? Or do they have a massive chin it all varies. Depending on where the weight lies will help me decide what I am going to exaggerate. (by Ben Coomber)



The weight on my face is sort of balanced but only slightly, only the bottom so I think I will stretch out the bottom of the face and leave the space between my hair and my forhead quite small. Big eyes, wide nostrel and big lips. A thin face to balance out the mass as no face has infinite mass to play around with.

I would start at the nose and work from there, working towards the eyes to setup a basis of a framework. After this I moved on to the mouth to setup the final part of th internal face. After this I worked on the outside of my face to finish it off and then added all the extra bits n bobs and voila.

So here is the final piece that I came out with, it was a quick sketch, I feel that the likeness is still there and that I hit the mark on the lips and the eyes. (by Ben Coomber)







galleries:


caricature of a couple


this is the work of Coomber.the id is: benacoomber@gmail.com



above caricatures are done by Ben coomber




caricature done by Inklinker Dwiesh Bibhu


caricature done by Inklinker Dwiesh Bibhu






self caricature by inklinker Kaustav Sengupta as "bander baba/ BB"


self caricature by Kaustav Sengupta "when I got my wings"







this art serves as a good way to make others "happy"!

No comments:

Post a Comment